Aldinga (Butterworth) Stormwater Outlet GPT
ALDINGA (BUTTERWORTH) STORMWATER OUTLET GROSS POLLUTANT TRAP (GPT) INSTALLATION
Project Category: Coastal Infrastructure
The Aldinga township is located one hour south of Adelaide on the Fleurieu Coast. Bordered by majestic cliff faces and the protected Aldinga Marine Park the area has significant environmental importance.
The City of Onkaparinga in conjunction with the state government and the Coastal Protection Authority funded the supply and installation of the 27-tonne gross pollutant trap to mitigate the transportation of waste via the stormwater network into the pristine marine park. This is the second GPT on the Esplanade at Aldinga that Neo has installed for the City of Onkaparinga.
SCOPE OF WORKS:
• Excavation to 6m deep adjacent to existing road and cliff face
• Working on live 975 dia. stormwater line (during winter)
• Construction of ancillary road drainage pits and pipework
• Road reinstatement
• Concrete kerbing
• Duration: June 2013—July 2013
• Value: $112,000
• Client: City of Onkaparinga
• Superintendent: City of Onkaparinga