Aldinga major stormwater GPT
ALDINGA MAJOR STORMWATER OUTLET GROSS POLLUTANT TRAP (GPT) INSTALLATION
Project Category: Coastal Infrastructure
The Aldinga township is located one hour south of Adelaide on the Fleurieu Coast. Bordered by majestic cliff faces and the protected Aldinga Marine Park the area has significant environmental importance.
The City of Onkaparinga in conjunction with the state government and the Coastal Protection Authority funded the supply and installation of the 68-tonne gross pollutant trap to mitigate the transportation of waste via the stormwater network into the pristine marine park. This GPT is the largest to be installed in the state and is designed to treat up to 1350 litres per second.
SCOPE OF WORKS:
• Excavation to 8m deep adjacent to existing road and cliff face, specialized shoring utilized
• Working on live 1500 dia. stormwater line
• Construction of ancillary road drainage pits and pipework
• Road reinstatement
• Concrete kerbing
• Duration: November 2011—December 2011
• Value: $170,000
• Client: City of Onkaparinga
• Superintendent: City of Onkaparinga