City of Playford Recycled Water (ASR) Customer Connections
CITY OF PLAYFORD RECYCLED WATER (ASR) CUSTOMER CONNECTIONS
Project Category: Infrastructure
The Waterproofing Northern Adelaide project is the ongoing development of wetland and ASR (Aquifer Storage and Recovery) injection sites to enable the injection of treated stormwater into the aquifer for storage and later re-use during summer months for irrigation.
Neo were commissioned to connect 21 reserves and sporting grounds to the recycled water system and refurbish the existing mains water assemblies. The works included the installation of pressure reducing valves, backflow prevention devices, filters and meters. Extensive testing including a strict regime of cross connection auditing was included in the scope.
SCOPE OF WORKS:
• Connection of existing parks, reserves & sporting grounds irrigation systems to the new recycled water network
• Installation of valves, filters, meters and backflow devices
• Extensive cross connection testing / auditing
• Fabrication and installation of hutches and cages for component
• Modifications to existing storage facilities
• Duration: Oct 2012—June 2013
• Value: $298,000
• Client: City of Playford
• Superintendent: City of Playford