City of Playford Rural Roads
The northern suburbs of Adelaide are rapidly expanding as a result of major infrastructure investment over the past decade. When rural quickly becomes urban, infrastructure upgrades are necessary to accommodate the newly developed social environments.
Neo was contracted to upgrade four unsealed roads to provide a heavy duty sealed pavement to accommodate both the planned developments and ongoing access to the existing areas.
This contract has seen Neo’s rural road reconstructions for Playford total 21 roads over the past 6 years.
Scope of Works
- Ripping, shaping, conditioning and compacting 22,500 m2 of existing road subgrade.
- Importation, placement, conditioning, compacting and trimming 12,500 tonnes of pavement quarried product.
- Relocating existing services.
- Stormwater Infrastructure
- 12km of swale drain construction.
- 21,000m2 of prime and two coat spray seal.
- Duration: November 2016 – February 2017
- Value: $934k
- Client: City of Playford
- Superintendent: City of Playford