Port Pirie Stormwater Upgrade
To help reduce flooding within the southern residential area of Port Pirie, council constructed a wetland for detention of the run off and engaged Neo to install the underground pipe work to feed into the wetland.
The pipe work alignment was down the centre of one the main thorough fares to the area and was required to be operational at all times.
The large diameter pipe had to be installed at depth to avoid service clashes requiring extensive shoring for protection. Ground water had to be extracted during the install to minimise the impact of tidal underground water movement.
Scope of Works
- 782m of 750mm dia. concrete stormwater pipe installation
- Construction of large cast insitu junction boxes and side entry pits
- Sewer main and water connection service adjustments
- Concrete cast insitu headwalls
- Kerbing and concrete footpaths and ramps
- Pavement Reconstruction
- Asphalt sealing
- Signage and linemarking
- Duration: November 2016— February 2017
- Value: $1.0m
- Client: Port Pirie Rural Council
- Superintendent: Port Pirie Rural Council