Onkaparinga National and Recreational Park
In 2014 the State Governments made an election commitment to ‘Connect Residents with Nature’ which included the provision to upgrade many of the state owned recreational and national parks to improve the visitor experience.
After successfully completing the Anstey Hill Recreational Park upgrade Neo were awarded the contract to upgrade the existing and construct new facilities scattered over seven sites within the Onkaparinga Park.
The works included construction of park amenities such as shelters, toilets and seating as well as the construction of a new campground facility, rock climbing facility, viewing deck and kayak launch.
Scope of Works
- Carpark and access road construction
- Construction of toilets, shelters, picnic amenities and seating
- Construction of Kayak Launch
- Viewing Platform Construction
- Improvements to world class rock climbing area
- Construction of walking and riding trails
- Duration: May 2017— August 2017
- Value: $1.8m
- Client: Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources (DEWNR)
- Superintendent: Aspect Studios / Southfront