Rural Roads Reconstruction 2011
RURAL ROADS RECONSTRUCTION 2011
Project Category: Roadworks
The northern suburbs of Adelaide are rapidly expanding as a result of major infrastructure investment over the past decade. When rural quickly becomes urban, infrastructure upgrades are necessary to accommodate the new land divisions.
Neo was contracted to upgrade three unsealed roads to provide a heavy-duty sealed pavement to accommodate both the development and ongoing access to the new growth areas.
SCOPE OF WORKS:
• Ripping, shaping, conditioning and compacting 25,000m2 of existing road subgrade
• Importation, placement, conditioning, compacting and trimming 18,500 tonnes of pavement quarried product
• Relocating existing services
• Maintaining and upgrading driveway accesses
• 12km of swale drain construction
• 23,000m2 of prime and two coat spray seal
• Duration: July 2011—August 2011
• Value: $594,000
• Client: City of Playford
• Superintendent: City of Playford