Project Category: Aviation
Stormwater damage to the existing airstrip pavement and flanks deemed the runway unsafe for a certain class of aircraft and council’s consultant deemed that the runway needed an upgrade to meet the relevant aviation standards.
Neo successfully tendered the project and delivered the project. To meet the pavement material specification, Neo sourced materials from two separate quarries and blended both products to a predetermined mass ratio to produce a conforming material. Strict quality control regimes were put in place to confirm material properties and geometry conformance with the rigid specification. .
SCOPE OF WORKS:
• Clearing of runways flanks
• Cut to fill along alignment
• Subgrade shaping, compaction and proof rolling
• Importation and blending of 4,000 tonnes materials to meet specification requirements
• Development of methodologies to ensure compliance
• Duration: November—December 2017
• Value : $249,000
• Client: Yorketown Peninsula Council
• Superintendent: Yorketown Peninsula Council